Discover What’s Possible
Join a No Barriers Youth program to find out what’s possible and be inspired to give your absolute best to the world.
- Explore environmental and equity issues
- Develop a sense of purpose and confidence
- Grow and innovate through challenges
- Connect with other people and the earth
- Give back as a leader who serves
- Have fun on a grand adventure!
Start your adventure here through this short interest form.
Through a three-phased educational program, we challenge middle and high school youth and their educators to live a No Barriers Life. Much more than just cool trips, our programs provide a comprehensive approach to interdisciplinary experiential education through three phases: Thoughtful Preparation, Transformative Expeditions, and Meaningful Action. To learn more about the three phases, click on the buttons below.
The No Barriers Life Elements are the common thread through every No Barriers experience. On our expeditions, they are woven into the experience through custom No Barriers Life curriculum lessons during phase 1, themes and guided facilitation during phase 2, and the integration of the No Barriers Pledge during phase 3.
Plan your 2017 program!
Two Ways to Participate:
- Register as a GroupAs an educator or youth group leader, you can organize an expedition program for a group of youth that you bring together. In exchange for your coordination of the program for your group, your travel is free of charge. Groups typically must meet a minimum of at least 10 youth. Claim your dates, request custom information, or simply express interest through this simple interest form.
- Apply as an IndividualFor individual high school students, we offer several programs you can apply to. Scholarship funding may be available.
No Barriers Youth has been using transformative travel to change the lives of students and their educators since 2003 (previously known as Global Explorers).