We are currently seeking to fill the following positions. We interview top candidates on an open and rolling basis. Due to the high volume of interest in our positions, we are not able to respond to individual inquiries. No inquiries please.
Note: Until positions are removed from the website, you can assume that we are still accepting applicants.
Director of Youth Programs
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: Ft. Collins, Colorado strongly preferred
We seek a creative and entrepreneurial leader who will create and drive the short- and long-term business objectives for our national youth programs at No Barriers. No Barriers will become a national movement over the next five years and we seek a Director who has a proven ability to drive growth and build community while holding true to our core values. The Director is responsible for managing a multi-million dollar budget, including driving ambitious revenue growth objectives and managing overall departmental expenses. The Director must be a proven manager, with an ability to lead and build a team aligned around common goals. The Director must also work well with other organizational leaders to build synergy and create opportunity.
- Drive the strategy and operational plan for all existing youth programming including fee for service expeditions, funded expeditions and all camp programs
- Drive growth in participant numbers and revenue for all youth initiatives
- Evaluate new youth project opportunities for potential, including revenue, scalability, workload capacity, participant impact, and risk
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing & Outreach to create and execute on marketing and sales strategy for youth programs
- Work with Director of Education to evaluate the impact of our programs, building a data-driven approach to our work
- Create and manage the departmental budget in collaboration with Finance and Accounting Department
- Work closely with No Barriers Development staff regarding strategy, funding, and implementation of program
- Collaborate with other program areas to develop and implement risk systems, policies and procedures for all youth programs
- Support the development and piloting of new program initiatives that involve experiential travel and/or field campus related work
- Proven ability to manage systems for the development and implementation of educational programs
- Understanding of management within a nonprofit organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage and lead staff and provide accountability
- Ability to create and improve systems and processes
- Ability to create and manage a multimillion dollar budget
- Astute attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Extensive experience working with educators and youth
- Understanding of experiential learning and ability to lead development of experiential learning programs, including student travel
- Ability to develop educational program materials
- Ability to evaluate programming for impact, income, growth, and risk
Education and formal training
- Master’s degree in a field related to education, business management, or tourism preferred
- Professional development in systems management, supervision, organizational culture, service learning, information management, travel industry, risk management, and experiential learning desirable
No Barriers is located in a professional office in Old Town, Fort Collins, Colorado.
Possible travel to international or domestic destination that includes activities such as walking for extended periods of time, carrying luggage and gear, riding in boats, engaging in service projects (that may include painting, light construction or planting), and hiking (possibly at high altitudes)
Submit a resume and cover letter (PDF) to email@example.com
Festivals and Events Internship
Reports to: Associate Director of Festival and Events
Employment Status: Full or Part Time (20-40 hrs/week) Summer 2018: start/end dates flexible
Location: Ft. Collins, Colo.
About No Barriers USA (NoBarriersUSA.org)
No Barriers mission is to unleash the potential of the human spirit. We are a global community united by a belief in our collective ability to break through barriers, unleash our potential and have a positive impact on the world. No Barriers provides transformative experiences, brought to life globally through powerful stories that foster shared identity and community. The people we serve are as diverse as the world in which we live. Wherever we find people ready to embrace the No Barriers philosophy, we strive to support them. No Barriers USA is a nonprofit organization based in Fort Collins, Colorado
Essential Job Function:
We are looking for an intern to join the Festivals and Events team at No Barriers USA. The intern’s main responsibilities will be to support the Festivals and Events team in the creation, production and management of the No Barriers Summit: New York City – the organization’s largest event that happens annually and attracts around 1,500 people.
- Support program launch initiatives and operations.
- Work across functions to support a broad range of team priorities, including strategy and program design and partnership planning.
- Support the Festivals and Events team in all needs ranging from content creation and event logistics to media outreach and event promotion.
Desired Qualities & Traits:
- Contribute to positive organizational culture through intentional and identifiable actions
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
- Exceptional organizational skills and astute attention to detail
- Experience and passion for working with people of all abilities, for creating inclusive and diverse events and have some familiarity with ADA requirements and needs
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Familiarity with Gmail, Microsoft Xcel, Word and PowerPoint
This internship provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a progressive nonprofit organization located in the heart of old town Fort Collins working with a dynamic team of passionate individuals. It provides valuable job skill and experience and helps impact important life experiences for others. All our interns are considered part of our “family” and are included in all team meetings, staff meetings and social events (e.g. all-staff service days, happy hours, etc.).
Flexible work schedule with commitment of between 20-40 hours per week, unpaid and located in our home office in Old Town Fort Collins.
*This internship requires a background check.
Submit a resume and cover letter (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Barriers Warriors Internship
Overview: No Barriers Warriors, a program of No Barriers USA, is seeking a part time intern. No Barriers provides transformative experiences as part of our mission of “unleashing the potential of the human spirit.”
The No Barriers Warriors program improves the lives of veterans with disabilities through transformative, curriculum-based expeditions in challenging outdoor environments. Each No Barriers Warriors expedition is designed to push veterans mentally and physically in some of nature’s most incredible wilderness settings. We create a safe space and encourage them to reflect on their past, recognize where they are in the present and then look with positivity to the future. These life-changing experiences are offered at no cost to our veterans and include airfare, meals, gear, and a world-class expedition crew. Each expedition is a three-phased journey that includes preparation for the expedition, the expedition, and post-expedition support and integration into the broader No Barriers Warriors community.
As a Warriors program intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in all three of the phases of a veteran’s journey, learning from and working with staff, to create the best experience possible for veterans.
The intern should be either a student (preferably a student veteran) currently pursuing a degree in Outdoor Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, or a similar field or a veteran seeking civilian work experience to enhance their resume.
Applicants must have experience with Microsoft Office, knowledge of hiking and basic backcountry skills, good oral and written communication skills, and be organized and willing to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess veteran applicants based on No Barriers Warriors assessment tools
- Work with the Warriors Service Coordinator to manage veteran expedition teams
- Demonstrate professional oral and written communication with veterans and other community members
- Assist with planning outdoor experiences
- Maintain expedition equipment
- Implement transformative curriculum-based experiences for veterans
- Document evaluations of the program
- Work one-on-one with veterans in personal goal planning
- Participate in community outreach
- Develop and implement an intern project
- Be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, as well as lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and or skills that may be required. No Barriers Warriors holds the right to terminate interns if they do not meet requirements and responsibilities set forth in this description, or if an intern violates the policies, procedures, or the Warriors intern agreement.
The rewards of working with a nonprofit:
Working with No Barriers USA is a life-changing opportunity. It is a growing nonprofit located in beautiful, sunny Fort Collins, Colorado. Interning would allow an intern to gain insight to the inner workings of a 501c(3), working with different departments within the organization such as marketing, development, and festivals and events. On the Warriors team, an intern has the potential to network within the veteran community, attend professional development events, work in both an open office setting and an outdoor setting, and gain real work experience that will improve jobs skills and add to their resume.
- Applications due no later than March 1st.
- Intern dates dependent upon intern’s availability and are scheduled upon acceptance.
- 20 hours/week
- C.T.R.S. supervision
Email questions, cover letter and resume in PDF format, and two references to:
Sarah Olear, C.T.R.S.
Questions? (970)484-3633 ext. 321
Development & Fundraising Internship
What barriers do you face? Whether it be in our personal lives, at work, or in our communities, we all face challenges. At No Barriers, we believe that what defines us is not what these are, but how we choose to respond. No Barriers empowers people of all walks of life and abilities to overcome obstacles, live a life of purpose, and give back to the world – all based on our ground-breaking curriculum, the No Barriers Life. Our three core programs are:
- No Barriers Youth – dedicated to creating experiences that challenge students perspective of the world and inspire them to make it a better place
- No Barriers Warriors – empowering veterans with disabilities to overcome barriers and reclaim their lives through rehabilitative expeditions
- No Barriers Summit – a four-day experiential conference bringing together science, innovation, and adventure in inspiring new ways.
Learn about nonprofit management and fundraising-
- Donor and event participant support – opportunities to help people with our online fundraising tools and other fundraising needs.
- Event Management experience – organizing and implementing fundraising events.
- Administration and management experience – including incentive fulfillment; designing and implementing appreciation activities; securing in-kind product donations.
- Marketing – there will be opportunities to create unique support materials using InDesign and other tools.
- You’ll participate in all fundraising staff and all staff meetings, including having experiences in strategic assessment and planning.
- Learn about and perform market research for the development department and organization as a whole.
- Help impact important life experiences for othersOur unique programming directly impacts many different people’s lives. You’ll be a part of continuing to improve our programs, services, and events.Gain valuable job skills and experienceWe believe in providing our interns with real responsibilities and we demand that you deliver. In the process, you’ll develop important job skills and build your resume and develop a network of professionals who will support your professional experience.Have fun with a great staffWe have a friendly and engaging organizational culture that thrives on providing ongoing learning opportunities for all staff and interns.Timeframe
- Our timeframe is flexible, but a long-term commitment is ideal.
- School-Year Internship Duration: December 2017/January 2018 – May 2018
- 15 hours per week, flexible schedule, unpaid but includes valuable nonprofit experience. Successful completion may include travel expenses and participation in one of No Barriers’ domestic programs the summer following the internship.
Submit a resume and cover letter (PDF) to email@example.com. Duration dates may be flexible. We review applications on a rolling basis, meaning we accept qualified applicants as they apply.