We are currently seeking to fill the following positions. We interview top candidates on an open and rolling basis. Due to the high volume of interest in our positions, we are not able to respond to individual inquiries. No inquiries please.
Note: Until positions are removed from the website, you can assume that we are still accepting applicants.
Festivals & Events Director
About No Barriers USA (NoBarriersUSA.org)
No Barriers mission is to unleash the potential of the human spirit. We are a global community united by a belief in our collective ability to break through barriers, unleash our potential and have a positive impact on the world. No Barriers provides transformative experiences, brought to life globally through powerful stories that foster shared identity and community. The people we serve are as diverse as the world in which we live. Wherever we find people ready to embrace the No Barriers philosophy, we strive to support them. No Barriers USA is a nonprofit organization based in Fort Collins, Colorado
Festivals & Events (F&E) are a critical part of our efforts to build a global movement. As the Festivals & Events Director, you drive the success of diverse national events built on the No Barriers brand. This includes, though is not limited to, our annual No Barriers Summit, community events such as What’s Your Everest?, corporate events and select fundraising events.
- Develop and manage the strategic plan for F&E
- Manage the overall success of the largest single event our organization has ever produced (October 2018 in Manhattan)
- Identify and develop the necessary infrastructure to support F&E success
- Assist the No Barriers Development Team in cultivating and securing strategic donors to provide support for F&E
- Build key strategic alliances that help elevate the impact of F&E
- Create and manage a sustainable financial plan for F&E in partnership with the CFO
- Ensure excellence in execution across all festivals and events
- Manage the overall marketing success of F&E in partnership with the No Barriers Marketing Team
- Create ways to leverage festivals and events in order to bring No Barriers to life globally through the power of stories
- Manage select logistics for F&E such as overall accessibility and venue, food and beverage contracts with key vendors. The F&E team is still small and requires significant on-the-ground tactical support on key elements of programmatic implementation.
Required competencies and skills:
- Minimum 7 years experience leading events with 2,000+ attendees
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- General understanding of marketing, PR, media relations
- Ability to deal with clients at all levels from CEO to intern
- Interest in being a team player with the ability to work independently
- Effective internal relationship building, management and delegation
- Creativity and efficiency in all facets of work are a must
- Proven ability to manage multi-million dollar budgets
- Negotiation experience
Desired competencies and skills:
- Experience working with diverse populations including people with disabilities, youth, and military
- Experience working with adaptive sports and recreation program
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
Salary & Location:
Salary is commensurate with experience. No Barriers offers a generous benefit package. Ideal candidate will work from Denver, Boulder, or Fort Collins though offsite telecommunicating locations will be considered.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume (PDFs) to email@example.com
No Barriers Warriors Intern
Overview: No Barriers Warriors, a program of No Barriers USA, is seeking a part time intern. No Barriers provides transformative experiences as part of our mission of “unleashing the potential of the human spirit.”
The No Barriers Warriors program improves the lives of veterans with disabilities through transformative, curriculum-based expeditions in challenging outdoor environments. Each No Barriers Warriors expedition is designed to push veterans mentally and physically in some of nature’s most incredible wilderness settings. We create a safe space and encourage them to reflect on their past, recognize where they are in the present and then look with positivity to the future. These life-changing experiences are offered at no cost to our veterans and include airfare, meals, gear, and a world-class expedition crew. Each expedition is a three-phased journey that includes preparation for the expedition, the expedition, and post-expedition support and integration into the broader No Barriers Warriors community.
As a Warriors program intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in all three of the phases of a veteran’s journey, learning from and working with staff, to create the best experience possible for veterans.
The intern should be either a student (preferably a student veteran) currently pursuing a degree in Outdoor Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, or a similar field or a veteran seeking civilian work experience to enhance their resume.
Applicants must have experience with Microsoft Office, knowledge of hiking and basic backcountry skills, good oral and written communication skills, and be organized and willing to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess veteran applicants based on No Barriers Warriors assessment tools
- Work with the Warriors Service Coordinator to manage veteran expedition teams
- Demonstrate professional oral and written communication with veterans and other community members
- Assist with planning outdoor experiences
- Maintain expedition equipment
- Implement transformative curriculum-based experiences for veterans
- Document evaluations of the program
- Work one-on-one with veterans in personal goal planning
- Participate in community outreach
- Develop and implement an intern project
- Be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, as well as lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and or skills that may be required. No Barriers Warriors holds the right to terminate interns if they do not meet requirements and responsibilities set forth in this description, or if an intern violates the policies, procedures, or the Warriors intern agreement.
The rewards of working with a nonprofit:
Working with No Barriers USA is a life-changing opportunity. It is a growing nonprofit located in beautiful, sunny Fort Collins, Colorado. Interning would allow an intern to gain insight to the inner workings of a 501c(3), working with different departments within the organization such as marketing, development, and festivals and events. On the Warriors team, an intern has the potential to network within the veteran community, attend professional development events, work in both an open office setting and an outdoor setting, and gain real work experience that will improve jobs skills and add to their resume.
- Applications due no later than March 1st.
- Intern dates dependent upon intern’s availability and are scheduled upon acceptance.
- 20 hours/week
- C.T.R.S. supervision
Email questions, cover letter and resume in PDF format, and two references to:
Sarah Olear, C.T.R.S.
Questions? (970)484-3633 ext. 321
No Barriers Youth Internship
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our NBY team as a program intern during the 2017-2018 school year. No Barriers Youth (NBY) offers unique, life-changing educational experiences to students from around the country. Programs include a continuum of ways to participate, with everything from classroom learning to international expeditions. All of these programs give students a sense of who they are, what they believe, and what they hope to become. In the process, we foster the knowledge, skills and attitudes that empower students to reach their full potential. For more information about youth programs, visit: http://nobarriersyouth.org/
The role of the NBY Intern is to help ensure our Youth team to achieve its goals. The primary areas of responsibility include
- The intern will support program launch initiatives and operations.
- Operational initiatives – work across functions to support a broad range of team priorities, including strategy and program design and partnership planning.
- Outreach strategy and data mining – expand our outreach database including intellectual research and analysis of markets.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills/characteristics/experience:
- Acute attention to detail
- Customer service experience and a professional demeanor
- Team player
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Familiarity with Gmail, Microsoft Xcel, Word and PowerPoint
- A personal passion for experiential education and “transformative travel”
- Experience with, or interest in, working with diverse populations such as: youth from poverty, youth who are blind or visually impaired, youth who are deaf or hard of hearing, youth in foster care and/or military youth who have lost a parent in the line of duty
- Demonstrated personal commitment to the No Barriers Life elements http://www.nobarriersusa.org/nobarrierslife/
This internship provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a progressive nonprofit organization located in the heart of old town Fort Collins working with a dynamic team of passionate individuals. All our interns are considered part of our “family” and are included in all team meetings, staff meetings and social events (e.g. all-staff service days, happy hours, etc.).
Terms of internship:
School year 2017-18. Exact dates can be negotiated – ideal candidate can start as soon as September 1.
Flexible work schedule with commitment of between 5 and 15 hours per week, unpaid and located in our home office in Old Town Fort Collins. Depending on scope and length of work, successful completion can include a stipend of up to $500 toward an NBY expedition or participation in a No Barriers domestic program following the internship.
*This internship requires a background check.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter (PDF) here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Development & Fundraising Internship
What barriers do you face? Whether it be in our personal lives, at work, or in our communities, we all face challenges. At No Barriers, we believe that what defines us is not what these are, but how we choose to respond. No Barriers empowers people of all walks of life and abilities to overcome obstacles, live a life of purpose, and give back to the world – all based on our ground-breaking curriculum, the No Barriers Life. Our three core programs are:
- No Barriers Youth – dedicated to creating experiences that challenge students perspective of the world and inspire them to make it a better place
- No Barriers Warriors – empowering veterans with disabilities to overcome barriers and reclaim their lives through rehabilitative expeditions
- No Barriers Summit – a four-day experiential conference bringing together science, innovation, and adventure in inspiring new ways.
Learn about nonprofit management and fundraising-
- Donor and event participant support – opportunities to help people with our online fundraising tools and other fundraising needs.
- Event Management experience – organizing and implementing fundraising events.
- Administration and management experience – including incentive fulfillment; designing and implementing appreciation activities; securing in-kind product donations.
- Marketing – there will be opportunities to create unique support materials using InDesign and other tools.
- You’ll participate in all fundraising staff and all staff meetings, including having experiences in strategic assessment and planning.
- Learn about and perform market research for the development department and organization as a whole.
- Our timeframe is flexible, but a long-term commitment is ideal.
- School-Year Internship Duration: December 2017/January 2018 – May 2018
- 15 hours per week, flexible schedule, unpaid but includes valuable nonprofit experience. Successful completion may include travel expenses and participation in one of No Barriers’ domestic programs the summer following the internship.
Help impact important life experiences for others
Our unique programming directly impacts many different people’s lives. You’ll be a part of continuing to improve our programs, services, and events.
Gain valuable job skills and experience
We believe in providing our interns with real responsibilities and we demand that you deliver. In the process, you’ll develop important job skills and build your resume and develop a network of professionals who will support your professional experience.
Have fun with a great staff
We have a friendly and engaging organizational culture that thrives on providing ongoing learning opportunities for all staff and interns.
Submit a resume and cover letter (PDF) to email@example.com. Duration dates may be flexible. We review applications on a rolling basis, meaning we accept qualified applicants as they apply.