We are currently seeking to fill the following positions. We interview top candidates on an open and rolling basis. Due to the high volume of interest in our positions, we are not able to respond to individual inquiries. No inquiries please.
Note: Until positions are removed from the website, you can assume that we are still accepting applicants.
No Barriers Development Marketing Coordinator – Full-time
No Barriers USA seeks a full-time, non-exempt Development Marketing Coordinator to assist the No Barriers Development Team and No Barriers Marketing Team with delivery of marketing assets and fulfillment of partnership agreements across the organization.
General administrative support including weekly calls with corporate partners, implementing and tracking marketing campaign initiatives, project management of corporate marketing timelines and deliverables, and assisting with marketing and online support across all programs are all parts of the essential role of this position. No Barriers offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits including health insurance, matching retirement contributions, generous vacation allowance and a purposeful mission.
- Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Implementing and tracking development tactics needed to reach organizational goals
- Providing marketing, web, digital and media support where needed across all programs
- Working directly with Development Team to activate key partnership initiatives
- Produce and analyze metrics and implement tactics needed to achieve goals
- Assist with marketing, advertising, and PR outreach needed for program success for youth, warriors and summit programming, including material development and online communications where needed
- Support communications efforts where needed to fulfill partner agreements and support overall program needs
- Support Executive Director and Senior Leadership as needed for new and existing strategic initiatives where needed
- Job Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to build relationships with corporate partners and prospects.
- Ability to meet/exceed goals, set priorities, manage systems with a knack for details and problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communications and project management skills are essential.
- WordPress experience
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Google Analytics experience
- Blogging/writing for web and audiences
- Social Media:
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube knowledge in the workplace/professional use
- Photoshop experience
- Editing basic photos
- Advanced photo editing with use of prepared templates
- Basic knowledge of video editing (cutting and splicing)
- Experience with InDesign – creative and editing as needed
- HubSpot marketing platform experience (or willingness to learn)
- Frequent emails and phone calls with major national Sponsors
- Corporate and or Event Marketing experience
- High level project management skills (organization of tasks)
- Report pulling (Salesforce, HubSpot and Crowdrise)
- Customer service
- Education or Formal Training
- College Design BA or BS
- Work Environment & Benefits
- This is computer-based position out of No Barriers’ Fort Collins headquarters
- Possible travel opportunities to domestic destinations in support of No Barriers events and your professional development.
- Cultural fit and alignment with No Barriers core values will be considered
- Fully-paid health care for employee
- Flexible schedule, paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Company match to retirement plan
- Minimum of three years experience in non-profits, marketing, development and/or project management
- Apply Now
- Submit a resume and cover letter (PDF please) to email@example.com.
No Barriers Warriors – Intern
No Barriers Warriors, a program of No Barriers USA, is seeking a full time intern. The No Barriers Warriors program improves the lives of veterans with disabilities through transformative, curriculum-based expeditions in challenging outdoor environments. Each No Barriers Warriors expedition is designed to push veterans mentally and physically in some of nature’s most incredible wilderness settings. We create a safe space and encourage them to reflect on their past, recognize where they are in the present and then look with positivity to the future. These life-changing experiences are offered at no cost to our veterans and include airfare, meals, gear, and a world-class expedition crew. Each expedition is a three-phased journey that includes preparation for the expedition, the expedition, and post-expedition support and integration into the broader No Barriers Warriors community. As a Warriors program intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in all three of the phases of a veterans journey, learning from and working with staff, to create the best experience possible for veterans.
- Intern Requirements
- The intern should be either a student (preferably a student veteran) currently pursuing a degree in Outdoor Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation, or a similar field or a veteran seeking civilian work experience to enhance their resume.
- Applicants must have experience with Microsoft Office, knowledge of hiking and basic backcountry skills, good oral and written communication skills, and be organized and willing to learn.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess veteran applicants based on No Barriers Warriors assessment tools
- Work with the Warriors Service Coordinator to manage veteran expedition teams
- Demonstrate professional oral and written communication with veterans and other community members
- Assist with planning outdoor experiences
- Maintain expedition equipment
- Implement transformative curriculum-based experiences for veterans
- Document evaluations of the program
- Work one-on-one with veterans in personal goal planning
- Participate in community outreach
- Develop and implement an intern project
- Be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, as well as lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Applications due no later than March 1st.
- Intern dates dependent upon intern’s availability and are scheduled upon acceptance.
- 40 hours/week
- 14 weeks
- C.T.R.S. supervision
The rewards of working with a nonprofit:Working with No Barriers USA is a life-changing opportunity. It is a growing nonprofit located in beautiful, sunny Fort Collins, Colorado. Interning would allow an intern to gain insight to the inner workings of a 501c(3), working with different departments within the organization such as marketing, development, and festivals and events. On the Warriors team, an intern has the potential to network within the veteran community, attend professional development events, work in both an open office setting and an outdoor setting, and gain real work experience that will improve jobs skills and add to their resume.
Email questions, cover letter and resume in PDF format, and two references to:
Sarah Olear, C.T.R.S.
(970)484-3633 ext. 321 • firstname.lastname@example.org
224 Canyon Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Development & Fundraising Internship
Learn about nonprofit management
- Donor and event participant support – opportunities to help people with our online fundraising tools and other fundraising needs.
- Event Management experience – organizing and implementing special events.
- Administration and management experience – including incentive fulfillment; designing and implementing appreciation activities; securing inkind product donations.
- Marketing – there will be opportunities to create unique support materials using InDesign and other tools.
- You’ll participate in all fundraising staff and all staff meetings, including having experiences in strategic assessment and planning.
- Learn about and perform market research for the development department and organization as a whole.
No Barriers provides transformative experience as part of our mission of “unleashing the potential of the human spirit.” We offer several different types of programs enabling our participants to embrace the No Barriers Life and discover the potential that lies within themselves and the world around them. Our three core programs are:
1. No Barriers Youth – dedicated to creating experiences that challenge students perspective of the world and inspire them to make it a better place
2. No Barriers Warriors – empowering veterans to overcome barriers and reclaim their lives through rehabilitative journeys veterans
3. No Barriers Summit – a four-day experiential conference bringing together science, innovation, and adventure in inspiring new ways.
Help impact important life experiences for others
Our unique programming directly impacts many different people’s lives. You’ll be a part of continuing to improve our programs, services, and events for people of all abilities.
Gain valuable job skills and experience
We believe in providing interns with real responsibilities and we demand that you deliver. In the process, you’ll develop important job skills and build your resume.
Have fun with a great staff
We have a friendly and engaging organizational culture that thrives on providing ongoing learning opportunities for all staff and interns.
We have two Development Internships available: Summer and School-Year.
Summer Internship Duration: June – August 2016
School-Year Internship Duration: September 2016 – May 2017
15 hours per week, flexible schedule, unpaid but includes valuable nonprofit experience. For school-year internship only, successful completion will include travel expenses and participation in one of No Barriers’ domestic programs the summer following the internship.
Use the apply link above or submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply at www.nobarriersusa.org/about-us/careers/. Deadlines described below. Duration dates may be flexible. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Summer application is due June 15; school-year application deadline is July 1, 2016, however, applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis, meaning we interview and accept qualified applicants as they apply.