We are currently seeking to fill the following positions. We interview top candidates on an open and rolling basis. Due to the high volume of interest in our positions, we are not able to respond to individual inquiries. No inquiries please.
Note: Until positions are removed from the website, you can assume that we are still accepting applicants.
No Barriers Youth Internship
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our NBY team as a program intern during the 2017-2018 school year. No Barriers Youth (NBY) offers unique, life-changing educational experiences to students from around the country. Programs include a continuum of ways to participate, with everything from classroom learning to international expeditions. All of these programs give students a sense of who they are, what they believe, and what they hope to become. In the process, we foster the knowledge, skills and attitudes that empower students to reach their full potential. For more information about youth programs, visit: http://nobarriersyouth.org/
The role of the NBY Intern is to help ensure our Youth team to achieve its goals. The primary areas of responsibility include
- The intern will support program launch initiatives and operations.
- Operational initiatives – work across functions to support a broad range of team priorities, including strategy and program design and partnership planning.
- Outreach strategy and data mining – expand our outreach database including intellectual research and analysis of markets.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills/characteristics/experience:
- Acute attention to detail
- Customer service experience and a professional demeanor
- Team player
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Familiarity with Gmail, Microsoft Xcel, Word and PowerPoint
- A personal passion for experiential education and “transformative travel”
- Experience with, or interest in, working with diverse populations such as: youth from poverty, youth who are blind or visually impaired, youth who are deaf or hard of hearing, youth in foster care and/or military youth who have lost a parent in the line of duty
- Demonstrated personal commitment to the No Barriers Life elements http://www.nobarriersusa.org/nobarrierslife/
This internship provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a progressive nonprofit organization located in the heart of old town Fort Collins working with a dynamic team of passionate individuals. All our interns are considered part of our “family” and are included in all team meetings, staff meetings and social events (e.g. all-staff service days, happy hours, etc.).
Terms of internship:
School year 2017-18. Exact dates can be negotiated – ideal candidate can start as soon as September 1.
Flexible work schedule with commitment of between 5 and 15 hours per week, unpaid and located in our home office in Old Town Fort Collins. Depending on scope and length of work, successful completion can include a stipend of up to $500 toward an NBY expedition or participation in a No Barriers domestic program following the internship.
*This internship requires a background check.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter (PDF) here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Development & Fundraising Internship
Learn about nonprofit management
- Donor and event participant support – opportunities to help people with our online fundraising tools and other fundraising needs.
- Event Management experience – organizing and implementing special events.
- Administration and management experience – including incentive fulfillment; designing and implementing appreciation activities; securing inkind product donations.
- Marketing – there will be opportunities to create unique support materials using InDesign and other tools.
- You’ll participate in all fundraising staff and all staff meetings, including having experiences in strategic assessment and planning.
- Learn about and perform market research for the development department and organization as a whole.
No Barriers provides transformative experience as part of our mission of “unleashing the potential of the human spirit.” We offer several different types of programs enabling our participants to embrace the No Barriers Life and discover the potential that lies within themselves and the world around them. Our three core programs are:
1. No Barriers Youth – dedicated to creating experiences that challenge students perspective of the world and inspire them to make it a better place
2. No Barriers Warriors – empowering veterans to overcome barriers and reclaim their lives through rehabilitative journeys veterans
3. No Barriers Summit – a four-day experiential conference bringing together science, innovation, and adventure in inspiring new ways.
Help impact important life experiences for others
Our unique programming directly impacts many different people’s lives. You’ll be a part of continuing to improve our programs, services, and events for people of all abilities.
Gain valuable job skills and experience
We believe in providing interns with real responsibilities and we demand that you deliver. In the process, you’ll develop important job skills and build your resume.
Have fun with a great staff
We have a friendly and engaging organizational culture that thrives on providing ongoing learning opportunities for all staff and interns.
We have two Development Internships available: Summer and School-Year.
Summer Internship Duration: June – August 2016
School-Year Internship Duration: September 2016 – May 2017
15 hours per week, flexible schedule, unpaid but includes valuable nonprofit experience. For school-year internship only, successful completion will include travel expenses and participation in one of No Barriers’ domestic programs the summer following the internship.
Use the apply link above or submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply at www.nobarriersusa.org/about-us/careers/. Deadlines described below. Duration dates may be flexible. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Summer application is due June 15; school-year application deadline is July 1, 2016, however, applicants are reviewed on a rolling basis, meaning we interview and accept qualified applicants as they apply.